Monday, April 19, 2010

4-19-10

I dont know what's up with the weird formatting, sorry!

I can not believe my baby is 6 months old today. I am so excited about the little person he's becoming.

He is joyful and sweet and so snuggly. I love my baby.

I am also so happy that some of the goals I had to do differently with Charlie have worked out.
Nursing:
Luckily, this time around my supply meets his demands and we haven't needed to supplement with formula like we did with Lily.
For fun, I looked up a fun little formula costs calculator to see what we would have spent on a formula:
$1608.60!

Cloth Diapering:
We used disposables occasionally out of convenience with Lily, so I really wanted to make an effort to get the most out of our cloth diapers.
This isn't exact since babies use a different number of diapers per day at different ages, but it's a good generalization
We broke even on what we spent on diapers after 3.5 months of diapering
We have saved $143 so far on diapers! Yay!

Baby-Wearing:
Charlie just LIVED in our stretchy wrap carrier his first several months.
It saved my arms, allowed me to get some things done, and allowed me to spend time with Lily.
It continues to save us on outings, though he does need it less and less at home.



For reference Charlie above at 6 months, Lily in the same pajamas at 18 months

1 comment:

  1. I love your kids! And those pjs!

    Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete