Today was one of those days where I wished I didn't work from home. So this post is therapy. Read it at your own risk. It's whiny and pathetic.
SO- here are the things I had going against me:
-I had more than three dogs. For some reason this is a magic number in allowing me to work, parent, and not flip the heck out.
-Several of the dogs were in worse shape than I expected, so everything was taking longer than I wanted it to.
-My equipment was having issues. Because I'm home, alone, and have very limited backup options, I stress beyond belief when things like dryers and clippers are having problems.
-Dave wasn't here. He had a staff meeting today so whatever needed to get done with kids and dogs was all on me. Boo.
-MIGRAINE. FROM. HELL. I don't think I've ever actually vomited from the disorientation and pain of a migraine before today. Not cool. My mom gets really terrible migraines and it was her birthday today. Maybe my body was "celebrating" her birthday.
So- here's the good part. I survived. I profited. And I parented.
Working from home stresses me out, but the alternative is working outside the home, and even at my worst moment I parent with more love and respect for my children than any other childcare provider ever would, because they are mine!
Even on days like this, I get to laugh (and die a little inside for how gross it is) when Lily decides its SUPER FUN to use hair clipped from a fluffy dog to have a "snowball fight" with our cat.
When I take a break, I get to nurse my baby and have a chat with my three year old, instead of sitting by myself pumping.
And at the end of the day, I'm the one who gets to wipe his drool, and seriously, I'm thrilled about that.

Tomorrow is a new (better) day!


No comments:
Post a Comment