Friday, August 6, 2010

8-6-10

I expected this blog to do a couple of things.

First and foremost I expected it to help me feel more connected to family and friends.
Wrong! There is no feedback! I sort of vaguely know you are reading (Hi Nainie, Hi Mom! Hi Grandmama, and others!) I'm mostly just sending thoughts and photos out into the universe. I love that it's making you all feel more connected to us, though!

I also expected the novelty of it to wear off and become tedious and annoying.
Wrong! While I do miss days frequently, it isn't annoying or tedious, so that's good.

As it turns out, this blog is serving a purpose I didn't expect.
It's kind of a nice little good-mommy barometer. If I don't have any pictures to post it's generally because I'm spending most of my time grooming dogs, working in the office at Liliana's or our house is a mess and I don't want pictures of it.
This afternoon I cancelled the sitter (because Charlie is SO sad with his little cold) who I usually use so I can go get work done at Liliana's, and I took Lily and Charlie with me to run some errands.
Faxed some documents,
Stopped at the bank,
Thrifted at the thrift store (can't believe it's time to stock up on fall clothes! for a FOUR year old!)
and then
Off to target for some odds and ends.
I was surprised how beyond thrilled I was to be running LEISURELY errands with my kids. I thought about it more and honestly, I've been in a rut of working both businesses and strange side projects and managing the kids and the house and just getting by and not enjoying.

Ive got to keep a balance. I need to learn that when life is busy and stressful and demanding, I have to push harder for those most important Little Things. Those sweet and so important moments where I find a way to relax, accept that I'm doing the best I can, and enjoy these little blessings for exactly who they are (even though the little one was a sad booger-coated blessing today)


1 comment:

  1. I read! I get super excited every time I see that you've updated. I miss you guys and I love that I've gotten to see Charlie grow up.

    ReplyDelete