Do you know how hard it is to find baby clothes with big old ships on them but without pirate skulls? WHY would i want skulls on my full-of-brand-new-life baby? Gymboree had this cute outfit with a big ship on the shirt and maps and treasure chests on the shorts but thankfully, no skulls! Its technically pajamas, but whats the difference between clothes and pajamas for a baby, anyway?
I can't get over this dress. i love this print, and i especially love that i paid fifty cents for it at a rummage sale.
oh, also, i garden now. weird right? i've never had much interest in it but like cooking, lily wants to learn and has decided we are going to figure it out together.
Mom-you had to wait a long time, but I'm thanking you now for the hours you spent teaching me what I know about gardening. I'm sure tons of your wisdom just whooshed in one ear and out the other, but I'm able to do some basic weeding, planting of seeds and transplanting of plants, and basic care. I also must have had some great experiences mixed in with my more recent memories of teenage huffing and harumphing about being dragged around garden centers with you, because now, it's magical. Not just anywhere, not a big box store with large scale production imported plants. I like finding the kind of nursery where seedlings were planted by hand and labeled with masking tape and sharpie. Love it. Our closest favorite is Jung's, Lily and I wandered and learned and smelled and enjoyed Jung's for almost 2 hours today. Then we came home and planted. Lovely!
This flowerbed we planted with some wildflowers








No comments:
Post a Comment