Friday, June 18, 2010

6-18-10

Alright, there is plenty I don't know about food preparation/cooking/kitchen related things, but today I encountered something that I'm pretty sure at least some other people don't know either.
Did you know watermelons are really easy to cut? I've never bought a whole watermelon before, though its so enticing in the summer I could easily eat a whole watermelon before it would go bad, I always thought it needed power tools and skill to hack it open.

Not so!
I grabbed a knife, prepared myself to really use my muscles, and the knife just slid right in! what? Why is there always prepackaged half/quarter/sliced/diced watermelon at the store!? Are other people as intimidated by watermelon as I always have been? Get over it! It's EASY!

and YUMMY!


Charlie approves


i don't particularly enjoy pineapple or coconut, but now I want to buy one of each and see if they are as intimidating as they look, too!

2 comments:

  1. We are big fans of whole watermelons. Or any other melons. Mmmmm. Pineapples aren't too hard, but they have annoying pokey bits. I don't even want to mess with a coconut. Those things kill people from falling off trees. I'm going to just assume they are really tough to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I just bought two watermelons the size of my head and chopped them up. It's SO easy and 100% worth it!

    ReplyDelete