Saturday, October 1, 2011

10-1-11

Happy October!

We've had an insanely stressful several weeks that I really don't even want to get in to, but Ta-Da! We survived. Live and learn.

So I've gotten us mostly back on track around home but hadn't had much time to sit around and use the computer, not even to share pictures from our super fun trip to the museum of science and industry, in Chicago! Oh my. That'll be coming soon.

But today, oh.. it was one of THOSE days.
Do not read the following. It is just way too whiny
[I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Two huge cups of coffee and I still felt totally drained and run down. I had too many customers and two dogs peed in their kennels (what is it about having more than three dogs at a time that guarantees someone is going to need a second bath? i dont get it! And today I had 6, so, that's what I get). Then the kids... Dave has been working a lot which is totally fine, needed and great, but the kids miss him. And they are getting a little cranky about it. He left today and I was working so the kids had to be in the basement. This sent Charlie into it's-one-hour-before-my-nap-and-you-all-better-do-whatever-i-want-or-i'll-make-you-pay-dearly mode. Lily for some reason took of all her clothes and started putting random objects into the dog kennels (safe objects, but i had to keep checking all the time and scolding her), Charlie fell off like 4 pieces of furniture in a row. Lily drew me a picture and Charlie put it in the litterbox, which made lily way more upset than it really should have. I dropped a huge pile of dog hair on him while clipping a dog. It was a comedy of errors.]
The day continued pretty much exactly like this. Charlie took an unusually short nap so I couldn't get anything done after my customer checked out and we were all cranky and sick of being cranky by mid-afternoon. So I was nagging the kids to help me get all their toys from all over the place back into the playroom and I noticed I was alone.. So I go looking for Charlie And here is what I found...

oh yes. Drinking apple cider out of the jug and half a dozen smashed eggs on the floor.

there are not words for the frustration! we declared it bedtime and we'll hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment