Friday, November 12, 2010

11-12-10

I have recently realized that even though I miss sprawling out in bed, there are perks to Charlie having bullied his way into our room at night. And I don't think I've ever mentioned how lucky I am.

My baby sleeps anywhere I am. From any bedtime until any wake up time. No problem.
It may not have been my plan to cosleep, but this kid knew what he needed. I love love love attachment parenting for teaching me its okay to follow his lead.


In a few years, the seemingly endless demands on me will start to fade. Already lily is so self sufficient. She obviously doesn't need to be carried, or be nursed or have her diaper changed. She doesn't need help eating, or going potty or getting to sleep or even playing! She loves company, but the demands on me are small and enjoyable. Soon enough, Charlie won't need me as much, someday he'll hardly need me at all! I can suffer a bit of backache now so I'll have a little less heartache later, knowing I soaked up every minute of snuggly baby I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment