
How do I explain what it's like to be Charlie's parent at night. Well, parenting Charlie, that's part of it. With lily we plopped her in a crib at night and saw her in the morning. And she was happy with that, and we were happy with that.
Charlie requires parenting, all night. So much so that my alarm goes off every morning and i'm already (still?) awake, and more sore, sleepy and frustrated than when I went to bed the night before. This has gone on for nine months.
But the last few nights, something changed. I'm not getting more sleep, not yet, but there's hope, and that's important.
For a while now, he is spending a few hours each night sleeping great in his crib.
Good.
Although I sleep terribly, he spends the rest of the night sleeping fabulously while nursing in my bed, so there's no real sleep cycle issues.
Good.
And here's the new thing: he will nurse, roll away and fall asleep independently and I can move him to his own space for a few hours.
SO GOOD.
Hoooopppe.
I need sleep.

That is the sweetest little sleeping face!! I hope you get to sleep better very soon! I think I've just convinced my body that this is the right way to sleep, because I find myself laying like that even when I'm alone. hmph.
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous photo! And those changes definitely are good! When we're sleeping away from home, M always ends up in bed with me and therefore tends to nurse through the night, and I just can't sleep through it, so I'm glad she sleeps as well as she does in her crib at night. But I'm hoping for better nights' sleep for both you and I (and our little ones) soon!
ReplyDelete